GIVE TO THE ENDOWMENT
Leave a legacy for the protection of Egypt's cultural history. Give to the ARCE Endowment >>
Building endowment is the best way to ensure we can continue our core programs in Egypt and the U.S. as government funding continues to diminish.
Upcoming EventsSaturday, December 7, 2013, time and location to be announced
Chapter: North TexasSaturday, December 7, 2013, 4:00pm
Holiday Party and Egyptomania Silent Auction
Chapter: Illnois (Chicago)
There’s no hustle, no bustle, no crowds or lines. No buzz, no hum, no buses in the parking lots or along the roadsides -- engines running, air conditioners blasting.
Another expedition season has started in Egypt and thus far, signs point to a full and busy calendar of arrivals and departures for ARCE member institutions.
It's been an eventful year in Egypt! This is the perfect time to look back; here are some of our highlights.
- Luxor: Nearly 1000 jobs created in Luxor at Deir El Shelwit, Qurna, and Theban Tomb 110 to help mitigate the devastating effects of the overwhelming economic downturn in tourism.
- Khonsu Temple: Completed conservation, working on signage
- Luxor: 105 graduates of archaeological, conservation, and photography field schools
- Cairo: Published The Tomb Chapel of Menna
- Cairo: Initiated archival project for USAID funded projects. Images, maps, drawings, and reports make this one of the world's most significant archives for Egyptian heritage preservation.
- Cairo: Visitor plans for Historic Cairo are completed. Pilot walks are scheduled with graduates from the Faculty of Tourism.
- Cairo: Finalized designs for the St. Antony's Monastery Museum
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF MUSEUMS
The International Council of Museums, in an effort to fight against illicit traffic in cultural goods, compiles the Emergency Red List of Egyptian Cultural Objects at Risk. This list aims to help art and heritage professionals and law enforcement officials identify Egyptian objects that are protected by national and international legislations. View the Red List for Egypt.