Orange County California Find us
Our chapter welcomes anyone who loves Ancient Egypt, or is interested in learning more about it, to come join us at the lecture series we sponsor.
About once a month, all year long, we bring big-name Egyptologists - the same people you see on the Discovery and National Geographic TV channels -to Orange County. We average 100 to 300 people in attendance, new people come all the time, and you are welcome to check us out.
ARCE OC is pleased to partner with the Bowers Museum, in whose auditorium most lectures are held. Parking is $6.00 in the museum lot.
- LECTURE: Political Instability and the Destruction of Cultural Heritage: Dastardly Deeds at El Hibeh Middle Egypt and Beyond Saturday, June 8, 2013, 1:30 p.m.
- LECTURE: The Temples of Ramesses III in Karnak Saturday, August 10, 2013, 1:30 p.m.
- LECTURE: The Re-excavaton of the Tomb of Horemheb Saturday, August 24, 2013, 1:30 p.m. VIEW ALL >>
- A Special Double Celebration
Tuesday, October 16th, 2012
- Jacquelyn WIllamson lecture at the ARCE Orange County Chapter, Dec. 2011.
Thursday, December 8th, 2011
read more VIEW ALL >>
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF MUSEUMS
The International Council of Museums, in an effort to fight against illicit traffic in cultural goods, compiles the Emergency Red List of Egyptian Cultural Objects at Risk. This list aims to help art and heritage professionals and law enforcement officials identify Egyptian objects that are protected by national and international legislations. View the Red List for Egypt.