Southern apse, Enthroned Christ with the Four Evangelists. Secco painting, 6th - 7th c.
USAID funds our large-scale conservation efforts. But we depend on you to keep the lights on!
Your gift benefits all who seek to learn from and preserve the most important of ancient cultures spanning over 5000 years of human history.
Our fellowship program, expedition support to ARCE members, Annual Meetings, publications, and Chapter support depend on You.
Help us keep these programs going. Give to the ARCE Annual Fund >>
Conservator working at the Isis Temple in Deir el Shelwit
Special Accomplishments in 2012
• Completing another successful season at the Red Monastery in Sohag
• Preparing books about the Roman Wall Paintings and Red Monastery
• Ongoing Conservation, Supervisory, and Photography Field Schools in Luxor
• Planning a site museum at St. Antony's Monastery near the Red Sea
• Developing informational panels, directional signs, and printed maps to aid visitors in Historic Cairo
• Laying the groundwork for conservation, training, and site improvements at Deir el Shelwit, Ghurna, and Mut Temple for visitation.
ARCE relies on support from individuals like you for a growing percentage of our budget as federal humanitarian aid is expected to continue to decline. Your contribution is a meaningful way to partner with ARCE in our mission of promoting scholarly research, encouraging cultural ties, and fostering a broad appreciation of Egyptian culture.Remember to ask your employer about matching gifts.