EXCURSION: ARCE Trip to Jordan Find us
Join the American Research Center in Egypt for an unforgettable trip to Jordan.
Experience the wonders of Petra, the Rose Red City. Visit the remains of the Nabatean capital, a trading nation that will astound you with its rock-cut tombs, high places of sacrifice, Byzantine churches and feats of water engineering.
Walk in the footsteps of Moses at Mount Nebo and John the Baptist at the River Jordan. See the famous mosaics of Madaba.
Wander the colonnaded streets of Jerash, a member of the great Roman Decapolis. Ponder Crusader life at Karak castle.
Enjoy a swim in the Dead Sea, or an afternoon at the Spa.
Price per person
ARCE Member: $1350 + LE2300 airfare (subject to
Non-member: $1550 + LE2300 airfare (subject to change)
Single supplement: $400
- Economy class airfare Cairo – Amman – Cairo
- Meet and assist upon arrival at QAIA
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the program
- English-speaking guide
- 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Amman, 1 night at Movenpick Petra and two nights at Movenpick Dead Sea
- All meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Introductory lecture prior to departure at ARCE by Dr. Tarek Swelim
Please provide a copy of your passport.
Space is limited. For more information and to sign up call contact Mary Sadek at the ARCE Cairo Center: 2794 8239 / 2795 8683 or email@example.com.
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF MUSEUMS
The International Council of Museums, in an effort to fight against illicit traffic in cultural goods, compiles the Emergency Red List of Egyptian Cultural Objects at Risk. This list aims to help art and heritage professionals and law enforcement officials identify Egyptian objects that are protected by national and international legislations. View the Red List for Egypt.