Request for Proposals / Job Listings Find us
American Research Center in Egypt, Inc.
The American Research Center in Egypt, a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization is seeking an entry level Accountant to work in its Cairo, Egypt office. The office is located in downtown Garden City.
This is a non-permanent, grant-funded full-time position expected to be funded through June 2018.
Ability to speak, read and write Arabic
Ability to speak, read and write basic English
Experience with Microsoft Great Plains Accounting Software, a plus
Degree, certification or experience in accounting or a financial-related field
Working hours are Sunday – Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30 pm
Position is available immediately until filled
No relocation allowance is included
Salary is dependent on experience
Benefits will apply to include leave, holiday pay, health insurance, and pension
Please refer to our website, www.arce.org, for information about the organization.
Interested individuals should send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full position description is provided below:
1. Accounts Payable
- Input all approved A/P invoices for ARCE Cairo into GP Purchasing module
- Input approved monthly payroll entries
- Input approved monthly payroll tax entry
- Input approved deposit information into the GP accounting system in a timely manner
- Calculate the supply tax on ARCE Cairo invoices and submit preliminary report to Finance Manager
- Copy all checks generated, attach and file with supporting documentation
- Insure all ARCE Cairo vendors eligible for 1099-MISC reporting have the appropriate IRS W-9 on file prior to generating checks
- Assist with inter-fund reconciliations
2. Fixed Assets
- Assist with quarterly random Fixed Assets physical inventory
- Input the daily exchange rate into GP
- Prepare the month, quarter-to-date, and year-to-date average and final exchange rate report for distribution to the CFO and Finance Manager
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts, including but not limited to:*
- Accounts Receivable for Cairo Operations;
- Prepaid accounts for Cairo Operations;
- Accrued Expenses for Cairo Operations;
- Payroll tax related accounts;
- Pension payable accounts
- Input new account codes into GP after obtaining approval from the Finance Manager
4. Banking/Petty Cash
- Review Petty Cash reconciliations from the driver and the facilities manager
- Be responsible for ARCE and CHTE petty cash funds and reconcile at least monthly.
- Prepare request for reimbursement and obtain approval from Finance Manager
- Review the US banking deposit entries from the CFO when requested
- Input all deposit reports once approved by Assistant Finance Manager
- Maintain report and status of all medical payments to Egyptian staff against their annual allowance
- Calculate the overtime due to all applicable staff; submit to Finance Manager
- Calculate the 13th month bonus and other discretionary bonuses and submit to Finance Manager for approval
- Collect cell phone receivables from staff, write receipt for same
- Monitor receivables to ensure timely collections and reconciliations (within one month)
- Notify Finance Manager or CFO if you experience difficulty in reconciling or collecting
- File all relevant documentation generated by assigned activities on a timely basis and in an organized manner
- Track and monitor accounting department printed forms (CD, tax forms, etc)
- Maintain supply and log of Purchase Orders/Payment Request forms
7. Other Duties
- Provide assistance during all audits
- Other duties as assigned
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF MUSEUMS
The International Council of Museums, in an effort to fight against illicit traffic in cultural goods, compiles the Emergency Red List of Egyptian Cultural Objects at Risk. This list aims to help art and heritage professionals and law enforcement officials identify Egyptian objects that are protected by national and international legislations. View the Red List for Egypt.