International Assoc. of Egyptologists
August 23-30, 2015 in Florence, Italy.
GIVE TO THE ENDOWMENT
Leave a legacy for the protection of Egypt's cultural history. Give to the ARCE Endowment >>
Upcoming EventsThursday, December 4, 2014, 6:30pm
Jacco Dieleman, Associate Professor of Egyptology, UCLA
Chapter: Boston/New England
In May 2014, a film crew of three from The Visionaries traveled to Egypt for the start of a four-day whirlwind schedule to capture the collaboration of Americans and Egyptians working together to preserve Egypt's cultural heritage through the American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE).
The long awaited, eagerly anticipated, members only visit to the Arts of Greco-Roman Egypt Gallery and state-of-the-art conservation laboratory at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Malibu did not disappoint.
- Job Creation and Site Improvement Projects at Mut Temple, Qurna, and Deir El Shelwit
- Conservation Field Schools at Deir El Shelwit (Isis Temple) and Mut Temple (statue restorations)
- Archaeological Field School at TT110
- Newly Opened sites for tourism at Mut Temple and Deir El Shelwit
- Concluded conservation of the Red Monastery in Sohag
- St. Anthony's exhibition gallery
- Emergency conservation response at the Islamic Museum in Cairo
- Filming for a PBS documentary to air in 2015
- Publication of the The Tomb Chapel of Menna (TT 69) through AUC Press
- Historic Cairo conservation projects, a nearly 20 year initiative, assembled into an Arabic handbook to be used by Egyptian teachers and tour guides. Maps in Arabic and English make self-guided tours possible.
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF MUSEUMS
The International Council of Museums, in an effort to fight against illicit traffic in cultural goods, compiles the Emergency Red List of Egyptian Cultural Objects at Risk. This list aims to help art and heritage professionals and law enforcement officials identify Egyptian objects that are protected by national and international legislations. View the Red List for Egypt.