Call for Applications: Egyptian Research Associate Scholars at the American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE)
ARCE plans to offer two fellowships for Egyptian Research Associate Scholars in the 2022-2023 academic year. Each researcher will be selected for a one-year term beginning October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023.
- The research fellowship will be open to Egyptian candidates holding a position as lecturer, assistant professor or professor from an Egyptian public university or comparable researchers from the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities (MoTA).
- Researchers must have completed their PhD prior to 2019 and have experience in post-doctoral research, with at least three publications in professional and/or peer-reviewed journals.
- Research projects must focus on humanities and related disciplines covering Egyptian historical periods from prehistory to the 21st century.
Responsibilities of Researchers:
- The Associate Research Scholar will be required to be present at ARCE a minimum of two days a week (16 hours).
- The Associate Research Scholar is expected to participate in the academic life of the center, present a lecture on her/his research, and may be required to mentor an American ARCE research fellow in a related discipline.
- As a deliverable at the end of Year 1, the Associate Research Scholar is required to submit an article based on their research to JARCE, a comparable peer-reviewed journal, or to a peer-reviewed edited volume.
- ARCE will provide the Egyptian Associate Research Scholar with a dedicated workspace, Internet access, and library privileges.
- ARCE will provide administrative services offered other ARCE fellows, offer guidance on publishing his/her research, organize a public lecture to present his/her research, and include him/her in fellows’ activities and meetings.
- A modest monthly honorarium of 3500 EGP will be provided.
- The one-year residency may be extended an additional year pending funding and satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
The application submission must include:
- A completed online application form (available July 2022)
- A 1500 word research proposal, written in English; the proposal must be accompanied by a bibliography of one to two pages, listing the main primary and secondary sources for the research project.
- A copy of the PhD attestation or degree certificate.
- A two-page (maximum) summary of the PhD dissertation, written in the language of the thesis (with a translation in English if the dissertation was written in Arabic)
- A resume (CV) in English.
- Three recommendation letters from Egyptian or foreign scholars and/or colleagues familiar with the applicant’s research, written in English or Arabic.
- A certificate of employment by the university, the research center or the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities.
- A letter from the supervisor that confirms the applicant is permitted to be in residence at ARCE two days a week.
Application available on July 1, 2022.
For questions/inquiries email: email@example.com