Career Networking Event
Professional Opportunities Beyond Academia
Introduced and facilitated by John Paulus, President of PHD Matters Ltd.
Friday, April 12, 2019, from 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Hopkins Board Room and Foyer
The Westin Alexandria Old Town
400 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
An event for graduate, PhD and postdoctoral students that showcases career potential and possibilities in an engaging and exciting way, through meeting and speaking directly with humanities PhD professionals in a variety of careers beyond faculty and academic placements. A series of small group conversations will provide ARCE student members with the opportunity to connect and chat with a diverse list of invited guests, including:
Sarah Lepinski, PhD. Senior Program Officer, Preservation and Access, National Endowment for the Humanities
- Elizabeth Waraksa, PhD. Program Director for Research and Strategic Initiatives, Association of Research Libraries
- Elena Corbet, PhD. Director in Washington, D.C., AMIDEAST Education Abroad
- Glenn Corbet, PhD. Program Director, Council of American Overseas Research Centers
- Paul Stanwick, MBA. Independent Consultant; Member, ARCE Board of Governors
- Vanessa Davies, PhD. Associate Director of Institutional Grants and Compliance Manager, Bryn Mawr College
Tickets to the Career Networking event will include admission and a boxed lunch. If you would like to purchase a ticket to this event alongside an Annual Meeting student registration, click here.