Exalted Spirits: The Veneration of the Dead in Egypt through the Ages
The American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE) ,The American University in Cairo (AUC) and the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities (MoTA) are organizing a joint conference titled Exalted Spirits: The Veneration of the Dead in Egypt through the Ages. This three-day conference will cover the veneration of deceased figures in Egypt from the Pharaonic period up to current times, using the diverse evidence available in terms of texts, images, and lived traditions.
The conference will feature academic papers as well as panel discussions focusing on current practices related to the veneration of the dead and their origins, which may be traced back to ancient Egypt, and is aimed at both academic and non-academic participants. The former will present academic papers, while the latter (which may include creatives from different fields) would participate in panel discussions. Academic papers will be published in a peer-reviewed publication.
To view the agenda, click here
A Conference Platform has been created to access the event both virtually and in-person.
To register, you will need to proceed with the following steps:
- Visit this link
- Log in if you have an account on "Eventtus" (the conference platform) or signup to be able to register for the event and check the conference agenda. This step ensures you do not have to sign up on the event day.
- Click "Register Now" to complete the registration process (you will still need to proceed with this step regardless of previous registration).
- Fill in your registration information, answer the registration questions and click "submit".
- Continue and "Confirm". You will receive a confirmation and thank you message by email.
- Once you finalize your registration, you will get an email with your Ticket ID and information. Keep this email handy as you will need the ticker ID to access the event virtually or in-person.
- Visit the following link once again, sign in and plug in your Ticket ID received by mail.
- Create your conference attendee profile and "Get Started". You will now have access to the conference landing page and be able to view all conference materials.