Antiquities Endowment Fund
About the Program
Created with resources from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) as allocated by the U.S. Congress, ARCE's Antiquities Endowment Fund (AEF) sustains an ongoing grants program to support the conservation, preservation and documentation of Egypt's cultural heritage and the dissemination of knowledge about that heritage.
The Antiquities Endowment Fund awards one-year and three-year grants for discrete and highly focused professional projects that serve the conservation, preservation and documentation needs of Egyptian antiquities that are more than 100 years old. Projects may involve the actual conservation or protection of sites, buildings or objects; the participation of conservators or other appropriate specialists in antiquities projects; the training of conservators and students; or the production of publications and presentations that disseminate knowledge about Egypt's cultural heritage.
- Conservation, Excavation, Preservation and Presentation
- Training Personnel
- Publication Subsidies
Congratulations to the 2019 AEF cohort!
- Ahmed Shaboury - 'Building The Capacity for Site Management at Saqqara Necropolis'
- Alaa El Habashi - 'Reveal and Accentuate the Values of the Façade of Hammam Bashtak, Souq al-Silah Street, Historic Cairo'
- Elena Pischikova - 'Conservation and reconstruction of the Tomb of Padibastet'
- May al-Ibrashy - 'Al-Shurafa Shrine Conservation Project'
- Scott Bucking - 'Beni Hassan South Preservation Project'
- Tarek Swelim - 'Decorative Lintels in the Mamluk Architecture of Cairo'
- Anke Weber - 'The Ramses III (KV 11) Publication and Conservation Project'
- Lynn Grant - 'Conservation Survey of Papyrus Collection'
- Christina Mondin, Mohamed Kenawi, Michele Asolati - 'The Rehabilitation of the Amasili Complex: Creating an Integrated Cultural Hub in the Heart of Rosetta'
- Claire Malleson - 'Giza Objects Online'
- Mark Lehner, Zahi Hawass - 'Great Pyramid Temple Conservation'
- Lyla Pinch Brock - 'Restoration of the Sarcophagus Lid of Takhat in KV 10, Valley of the Kings'
- Vanessa Davies - 'The Oxford Handbook of Egyptian Epigraphy and Palaeography'
- W. Raymond Johnson - 'Scanning, Conservation, Image Identification, Database Design, Data Entry, and Archival Housing of the Photographic Archives of Edwin (Ted) Brock and Albert Raccah'
AEF Additional Submission Documents