This policy describes how ARCE may collect, use and share information about you. This policy applies to information we collect when you use our websites, communicate with us through information and distribution channels, or otherwise interact with us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
ARCE’s online and offline resources are intended to provide our members, followers and website visitors information about ARCE’s work to fulfill its mission. In the course of providing these services, for some materials, services or transactions, you may be asked to provide your name, address, and other information. ARCE only collects personal information that you knowingly and voluntarily provide when, for example, sending queries via email, completing membership forms, donating funds or responding to surveys.
The type of information we collect includes name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment information, demographic information.
In some cases, we also collect information you provide about others, such as when giving a gift membership. We will use this information to fulfill your request and will provide the recipient our standard opportunity to opt out of further marketing communication.
In addition, we automatically collect certain information when you access or use our websites or transact with us, including:
We collect information such as the browser type and version, access time, pages viewed, IP address and the referring website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We utilize cookies, web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels") and other tracking technologies to collect information about audience interactions with our website and email communications, including information about traffic to the site and browsing behavior.
Information automatically collected is used in aggregate for purposes, such as improving our visitors’ online experience, understanding which areas and features of our site are most visited, understanding how visitors navigate our site, understanding email effectiveness, tailoring our communications, and other internal business purposes.
INFORMATION WE USE
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide the services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about ARCE, including our events, news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Introduce you to your local ARCE Chapter representative when you wish to be involved in local programs and events;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities; and
INFORMATION WE SHARE
Instances where we share information include:
- Sharing with vendors, consultants and other service providers that need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. Orders are processed through a third-party payment processor, which receives personal information, including credit card information, in order to facilitate the transaction process.
- Providing contact information to ARCE Chapters when members wish to be affiliated with their local group.
- Collaborating with a like organization, we may share your name and address information, but ARCE does NOT share phone numbers or email addresses.
When users provide personal information, we take steps to ensure the information remains secure both during transmission and while stored. All sensitive donor and member information is stored securely and only accessed by authorized staff through a monitored and recorded login process using secure communication and password protection.
CHILDREN & PRIVACY
The ARCE website is intended to be enjoyed by a general audience. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If children under 13 wish to transact with ARCE, they need the consent of a parent or guardian.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES