Research Supporting Members
Join top universities and museums as a research supporting member.
ARCE is the primary professional organization for American Egyptologists and scholars interested in studying Prehistoric, Pharaonic, Coptic, Arab and Ottoman Egypt. We maintain a wide range of scholarly and educational activities both in the United States and in Egypt. Among our members are the top American universities and museums with interests in Egypt.
Through our programs and publications, ARCE is also internationally recognized as a preeminent Egyptological organization. ARCE fulfills its mission through its active support of archaeological excavation, monument conservation, professional training for Egyptian colleagues, fellowship program, public outreach and publication.
We encourage educational and research institutions to submit applications to join ARCE as research supporting members.
Becoming an RSM
Research supporting members play an active role in the life of ARCE by participating in the governance of the organization and representing major research and expedition interests in Egypt. RSMs provide institutional support to ARCE with a $1,000 annual contribution.
To find out how your institution can become an RSM, please contact Rebekah Atol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of institutional membership
- Representation on the RSM Council to raise issues of importance to consortium members
- Logistical support in Cairo for research expeditions to Egypt, including processing archaeological permits and visa extensions
- Letters of introduction to other research organizations and institutes in Egypt
- Logistical services and access to ARCE facilities, including the library
- Free translation services for final reports to the Ministry of Antiquities
- Information on research conditions in Egypt
- Free subscriptions to ARCE publications including the Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt and our twice-yearly newsletter
- Invitations to all public ARCE events
- Recognition in publications and on the ARCE website
- Invitation to President’s Reception at the ARCE Annual Meeting
Renewing an RSM Membership
To renew your institutional membership, please download and fill out the following form and return to Rebekah Atol at email@example.com: RSM Renewal Form